Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Books :D

I recently received some books from my mom as my birthday gift and the books I got were awesome (they were bound to be since I chose them myself, but anyway...).

I got the 10th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (you know, the books the tv-show True Blood was based on): "Dead In The Family".


Since I'm a big fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books, I just had to have this one.
I couldn't bring myself to wait a few months for a prize reduction.
I started reading in it yesterday and, not surprisingly, I love this one just as much as the previous nine books.
It's as raw, thrilling, mysterious and sexy as I expected, and though it isn't a very light read, it still reads easily because it grabs your attention and it won't let go.
I'll probably finish it in a couple of days and be sad I'm going to have to wait for the next one.

I also got the fifth book in the Twilight series "The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner".


I was so excited when I heard that another Twilight book was released, since I loved the other four and I read that there weren't going to be any more Twilight books.
Lucky for me (and all the other Twilight fans out there) she decided to write another one, though this time from a different perspective.
The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner isn't mainly about Bella, this story is seen through the eyes of Bree Tanner, one of the vampires who fought alongside the Volturi and against Bella, The Cullens and their friends and associates.

I haven't read this one yet but it's sure to be breathtakingly thrilling, and I will probably read it all in one go.

Since I liked the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, I also wanted to read her other book series, so I ordered "Real Murders", the first "Aurora Teagarden" book.


This series is about a female librarian called Aurora Teagarden ( LOVE the name btw) that likes to solve fake murder cases as a hobby along with the other people at her "murder club".
When people from her murder club get murdered one by one she has to solve "real murders" to find out who the murderer is.
It is a story that will most definitely intrigue me, like Charlaine Harris books do best and I can't wait to start reading.

And last, but not least, I got "Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass" by Lewis Carroll.


I am ashamed to say I've never read it completely and since Tim Burton has made a pretty cool move about it (that I still need to see), I thought it was about time I read the original story, so now I can :D.
Since childhood I've always found Alice In Wonderland to be a most magical story and I also like the Mad Tea Party scents by BPAL which are based on Alice In Wonderland.
In other words, it was always one of my fave childhood stories and now I actually own it and I'll be able to read it in English instead of Dutch.
Now all I need is the new movie by Tim Burton :D.

So, what do you think?
Have you read any of these or are they on your list?
Have a nice weekend,

Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment