Monday, May 3, 2010

New Lush Products

In the last few weeks, Lush has been adding new products to their line up.
I think it' time for me to write about them.

The New Products

*Grass Shower Gel


I'm amazingly curious about how this will smell *jumps up and down*.
Will it smell like actual fresh mown grass or just like a very amazing green blend of things that can't be recognised in the blend (Lush perfumers have awesome blending ability!)???
I like Tramp, which is also a green Lush Shower Gel, but is probably completely different.
Tramp is mossy and Grass is supposed to be...you've guessed it: grassy!
I think it's really cool that the fragrance of this products is called "the Ninja Fragrance", I mean, how mysterious is that!?
Though I won't be ordering a bottle for now, since I think I have more than 20 liters of Shower Gel to use up (I confess, I'm an addict *blush*), I might buy a small bottle in a few months, to feed my curiosity!

Ingredients:
Water, (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacatatae, Fresh Wheatgrass Juice (Triticum vulgare), Lauryl Betaine, Chlorophyllin Water (CL 75810, Aqua), Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Sandalwood Oil (santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantirum bergamia), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Fine Sea Salt, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Lush UK website description:
Now that the wheater's improving, it's time to start indulging. This new shower Gel is made with our new Ninja fragrance, antioxidant wheatgrass juice, and citrus oils to bring sunshine to your days again. Lather up and inhale the deep scent of freshly mown lawns. Keep firmly on the Grass.

Prizes: 100g = 4,45 pounds , 250g = 8,75 pounds and 500 = 15,95 pounds.

*Glorious Mud Body Mask


Since I'm a sucker for anything with honey (taste, smell or cosmetics with honey in it) I can't wait to try this.
I'll just have to wait until I have used up some more (Lush) products before I'll buy this.
A little while ago I had a few samples of Créme Anglaise, which has the same scent as Glorious Mud.
It smells like honey and vanilla and other yummy things :D :D :D.
Créme Anglaise was also very moisturising and had healing properties (but it didn't do anything for my face though).

Ingredients:
Rhassoul Mud, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cold-Pressed Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum), Oloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Myrrh Resinoid (Commiphora myrrha), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Benzyl Salicylate, *Coumarin, *Limonene.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Lush UK website description:
Rub our dynamic, fizzy cube of rhassoul mud all over your body to cover and cleanse. The oloe vera extract is soothing and the mix of sesame and vanilla will moisturise. Mask your whole body for smooth, soft skin that smells just like the delectable Crème Anglaise body lotion.

Prize: 3,95 pounds for 125g.

*Brimstone Body Scrub


I am a scrubbing maniac, so I like that Lush has created a new scrub block.
The sugar scrubs I tried (Sugar Babe, A Sugar Scrub and Fairy Tail) were nice smelling and very scrubby (which is just the way I like it), but they sometimes turned into rocks after use :S.
Obviously it's impossible to scrub with rocks.
I like that this one isn't round but square and that it has sulphur in it (I've never tried a cosmetic product with sulphur in it before).
I'm curious as to wether the sulphur will have any effect on my skin and if it will improve the condition of it.
Sadly, some people say Brimstone stinks (as in bad smell not as in bad product) in their reviews so this product isn't for everyone.
I'll probably like the scent of Brimstone though, since I have a very broad taste when it comes to scents.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Fine Sea Salt, Kaolin, Organic Cold Pressed Hemp Oil (Cannabis sativa), Citric Acid, Perfume, Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon citratus), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum Grandiflorum), Sulphur Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Lush UK website description:
Don't worry; the apocalypse isn't coming just yet. Brimstone is a deeply fragrant, hardcore body scrub, with natural sulphur to condition the skin and keep the body clear. The cleansing China clay, exfoliating sea salt and calming hemp oils shall rain down vengeance on sins of the flesh and lead you back onto the path of righteousness.

Prize: 3,25 pounds for 140g.

*Charlotte's Island Body Tint


I was really looking forward to this, since I thought this was going to be a tanning lotion.
Since it isn't, I'm probably not going to buy it.
I'm not a foundation wearing type of girl, and a paint on bronzer is just too much fuss for me.
I don't like to have a tan that can be rubbed or washed off and I'm scared of Charlotte Island giving me embarrassing moments, like:
-walking through the rain and have streams of bronzer run down my face.
-forgetting to "tan" som spots and be spotty because of it without noticing it
-someone where wearing white touching my skin, and the tan will come of and rub on their clothes *is horrified*.
Needless to say, this product is not for me (though I will ask for a sample with me next order, since I'm terribly curious).
It has been said by some that this product smells like chocolate (that's the cocoa butter) and fruit, and Lush has said that Charlotte's Island doesn't come off in the rain, but it does come of when you rub it.

Ingredients:
Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fairtrade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Orgainc Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Stearic Acid, Organic Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Glycerine, Freshly Juiced Papaya (Carica papaya), Triethanolamine, Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus ladaniferus), Oakmoss Absolute (Evernia prunastri), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Organic Cold Pressed Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis), Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Perfume, Colour 77491, Colour 77492, Colour 77499, Colour 77007, Propylparaben.

Lush Uk website description:
Our new bronzing body tint helps you to build a healthy glow without having to subject your skin to excessive sunlight. We've made it with organic lemon infusion, organic oils and cocoa butter to brighten and hydrate the skin.
Just smooth it on your white bits for a subtle tan; inhale the fruity fragrance and you'll feel like you've been sunning yourself on a tropical island.

Prizes : 100g = 4,95 pounds and 250g = 9,95 pounds.

*Tokens To The Forests Gods Sauna Tabs


When I first read about this one, I thought: "Not another toner tab!
But I changed my mind after I read the ingredient list.
To me it seems like this one would be seriously citrusy and that's just lovely.
I would like some (literally) in your face citrus wafting up my nose and reviving my skin.
Therefore this one definitely will take up a spot on my wish list.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, *Limonene, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Citral, *Linalool, Colour 61570.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Lush UK website description:
Our tokens to the forest deities are green, fizzing toner tabs with uplifting grapefruit, sweet orange and neroli oils.
Drop into a boil of hot water and enjoy the sharp, citrusy blast of oils. Your face will be toned, refreshes and a little closer to the divine

Prize: 0,95 pounds for 10g (that is one toner tab).

*Stepping Stone Foot scrub


Yay, a foot scrub!
My footsies are in desperate need of a foot scrub :(.
I used to have a great pumice stone that worked very well, but I recently replaced it with one that really kind of sucks :S.
That's why this one would really come in handy.
First I would soak in the tub or take a nice shower.
Then I would scrub my feet like crazy with this Stepping Stone and rinse it off.
To finish, I would put Pied the Pepper on my feet to keep them soft (and I like Pied the Pepper much better than Fairtrade Foot Lotion), though Dream Cream also works great as a hydrating foot cream, and a fruity Body Butter (like from The Body Shop) would also be really nice, because it would match with the fruity smell (citrus to the third) of Stepping Stone Foot Scrub.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Pumice Powder, Citric Acid, Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Fine Sea Salt, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon citratus), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Lycopodium Powder, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Lush UK website description:
You've Been Mangoed fragrance and punishing pumice to scrub away the rigours of life.
Jojoba oil will moisturise dry skin without leaving them greasy and sea salt will treat them to plentiful minerals. Put your feet up and save your soles.

Prize: 2,75 pounds for 65 g (1 block).

*Keep It Fluffy Bath Ballistic


This one comes in two different versions, a purple one and a orange one.
I have the purple one and it smells delish!
Though I have never smelled the Bnever perfume called "Keep It Fluffy" , I have smelled the soap, which smells really flowery and a bit sweet.
It smells rather pleasant but the scent is also a bit on the heavy side, so I think the Ballistic smells a better.
It smells sweet and flowery and the smell puts a smile on my face.
My mom though it's fragrance was so amazing she wanted to steal it from me (another Lush addict in the making muhahaha :D ).
She didn't get it, since I haven't tried one of these, though I might get her one if I like this one enough in the bath!

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon citratus), Titanium Dioxide, *Citral, *Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Lush UK website description:
The newest member of our fabulous fizzers is a vanilla and jasmine scented wonder-bomb to wrap you in fluffy. You might recognise the fragrance form B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful. As Helen says: keep it fun, keep it fragrant, keet it fluffy.

Prize: 2,25 pounds per ballistic.

*Lovely Jubblies Breast Cream


Like Charlottes Island, Lovely Jubblies is another product that I won't be buying.
The reason for not buying Lovely Jubblies is because I simply do not need it.
This cream is for moisturising your neck, cleavage and boobies and to keep it al firm.
Since those places of my body are as firm as it gets I really don't need it.
If it smelled great I probably would have bought it any how, but since it smells like orange blossom I think I'll pass on this one.
I'll probably ask for a sample with my next order anyway, since I'm too curious about anything Lush, even if it's a product I don't need and probably won't even like.
Silly me!

Ingredients:
Meadowsweet Infusion (spiraea ulmaria), Fresh Rose Infusion (Rosa damascena), Organic Colf Presses Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondisa chinensis), Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Organic Cold Presses Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis), Organic Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Orange Blossom Honey (Citrus aurantium amara), Triethanolamine, Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon flexuosus), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Jasmine Absolute (Jaskinum grandiflorum), Tiger Lily Petals (Lilium tigrinum), Beeswax (Cera alba), Cetearyl Alcohol, *Citral, *Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.
This one isn't vegan because it contains beeswax. It is however, vegetarian!

Lush UK website description:
We've developed a cream to keep your bits firm and supple. This blend of cold-pressed, organic oils can keep your knockers, decolletage, stomach and bottom in top nick. The tightening action of meadowsweet and the fragrant, floral boo-kay of orange blossom and rose will give you the loveliest jubblies in town. Cushdy!

Prize: 14,95 pounds for a 100g pot. This is rather expensive, but it probably has a great tightening/firming effect. (If I like the smell I'll consider buying it anyway, there are always bits of your body that could be tighter ;) .)

*R&B (Revive and Balance) Hair Moisturiser


This product seems really tempting and I think I might get this for the ends of my hair.
I have very healthy, extremely fine hair, that gets greasy easily, so I don't need this product on my roots or on the length of my hair.
I do tend to get split ends because I dye my hair with very cheap hair dye (less than 2 euro's a package) that is really rough on my ends.
Normally I use H'San Wen Hua for restoring my split ends, but R&B might work even better.
I guess this is another product I would like to get a sample of.
Too bad this one also smells like orange blossom.
I hope I like it nevertheless.

Ingredients:
Oat Milk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair for Life Olive Oil, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG 100 Stearate, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (C0c0s nucifera), Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugeniol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugeniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.
*Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Lush UK Website description:
Tame your mane with some smooth R&B stylings. The tropical butters and candelilla wax will help to moisturise and control frizzy, flyaway hair, but R&B works to soothe dry scalps, too, with calming oat milk. And once you smell the orange blossom, your hair well and truly get its groove back.

Prize: 9,95 pounds for 100g (cheaper than the Lovely Jubblies and I've read R&B works amazing, s it's really worth the prize!!!).

*Ultrabalm (Lubrication For The Nation)


I've heard rumours about a vaseline like products coming from the Lush factory, and here it finally is!!!
It's just like vaseline, only without the petroleum and with only natural ingredients (it's even vegan).
You can use it for all sorts of things, for example as:
-perfume enhancer (though I don't really understand how)
-hair dye barrier (put it on your hairline when you dye or henna your hair)
-lubrication (?)
-skin barrier (it locks the mositure in)
-eyebrow tamer (instead of eyebrow wax or gel)
-invisible mascara (looking forward to using this as mascara)
-lip balm (speaks fir itself)
-cuticle balm (when you are out of lemony flutter)
-dry skin moisturiser (as said before, it locks in the moisture and protects your dry skin)
I'm keen on trying this and will order a tin in a few months.
I also have a big pot of vaseline, but I never use it since it's junk, so with this new invention I can finally chuck my pot of vaseline *cheers*.

Ingredients:
Organic Cold-Pressed jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa Damascena).

Lush UK website description:
Ultrabalm is bringing petroleum-free lubrication to the nation. This moisturising balm is made with plant waxes and nothing else. No petroleum-jelly, no mineral oils, just natural goodness. Our mix of candelilla wax and jojoba oil is a vegan alternative to beeswax; it creates a protective barrier on the ski and locks in moisture, while rose wax soothes irritations. You can apply the balm to scuffs and scrapes to relieve discomfort, use it as a barrier cream when apllying henna, or even use it as a lip balm. There's nothing crude about our lube.

Prize: 7,50 pounds for 45g. This is kind of expensive, but when you remember what you can do with it, it's rather cheap.
I think this will be nice for all sorts of things, easy lipbalm, dry spots balm, to use on scratches made by my cat, etc.


These are all the new products available at the moment.
When I order them and have used them I will write a review, but for now you'll have to tets it yourself!

Hope you all had a great saturday,

Freya




























No comments:

Post a Comment