Saturday, May 15, 2010

Review: The Body Shop: Sweet Lemon Body Scrub

I got a sample of this at my local The Body Shop store, and decided to use it when I took a bath this week.


Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sucrose, Sodium Chloride, Helianthus Annuus Hybrid Oil, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Seed Oil, Glycerine Soja Oil, Limonene, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Parfum, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel, Juglans Regia Shell Powder, Citral, Cl 19140.

Scent: I'm not usually a big fan of lemon scents, I mean they are ok, but nothing special, this one however I really liked.
It was fresh and zesty, summery and cheerful.
It smelled like I was rubbing actual lemons and lemon peels on my skin and I found that to be a very natural experience.
After use, the scent doesn't linger well.
First it turns a bit musty and then it's mostly gone.
I think I'll go get a sample of the body butter, because if the smell stays when using the body butter, I'll get a jar for summer, since I really love it (though I never thought I would).

I had never used a TBS scrub before, and this one did not disappoint.
It isn't a very coarse scrub, but it still manages to make my skin smooth.
I tried it on my knees and elbows, and they were considerably softer after use.
I think the oils really hydrated my skin, but they didn't make my skin oily.
Not that I mind oilyness after scrubbing, but it's nice to not always use an oily scrub.
Since this scrub isn't oily, it's also suitable for people who don't like oily scrubs.

Verdict: Not very coarse scrub, that scrubs very well nevertheless, it makes skin hydrated and soft without being very greasy, smells very realistically lemony during use, but smell fades fast afterwards.
I don't know If I will buy the scrub again, maybe in a different scent.
Will try to get a hold of a sample of the Sweet Lemon Body Butter

Have you tried anything of the Sweet Lemon line yet?
Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment