Saturday, May 15, 2010

Review: Villainess : Raspberry Swirl Smooch!

I used the last of my Raspberry Swirl Smooch! by Villainess a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find the time to write a review until now.


Ingredients:
Sucrose (Sugar), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Prunus (Cherry) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Powder, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Meat Powder.

Raspberry Swirl is supposed to smell like raspberry and vanilla, which sounds very nice.
Sadly, it didn't smell very nice at all.
It smelled extremely sweet in a disgusting way (like artificial sweeteners), and I din't smell the vanilla at all.
To me it smelled exactly like a Raspberry smoothie from the brand Optimel tasted.
It was filled to the brim with raspberries, dairy and a truck load of artificial sweeteners, and I thought it was disgusting!


The Raspberry Swirl Smooch! might have been spoiled since the seal was broken, so I got a refund from Alice & Jo (they have great service!!!)
Luckily the scrubbing properties were great, so I did use up the whole pot.
This wasn't a very sticky scrub.
The texture was a bit like Smashing Smooch! and reminds me of moist cake.
It scrubs well but not very harsh.
It does the job but I don't mind a scrub that's harsher than this one (like Ginger Snapped Smooch! for example, I LOVE that one).
After scrubbing I put some water on the scrub and scrub and lather it all over my body before washing it off.
I pat my skin dry and use Body Lotion.
I bought this scrub to combine with my Raspberry Shower Gel from Yves Rocher and my Artemis Cream Body Lotion from Lush.
It combined very well and my skin smelled great and felt very soft afterwards.

Verdict: Smells gross, but it might have been spoiled.
Scrubs well, but could have been better, hydrates well and makes skin soft and smooth.

Won't buy this one again because of the smell.
I will continue to buy Villainess's smooches however!

No comments:

Post a Comment