Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review: The Secret Garden: Sweetie Pie Whipped Body Butter

The Secret Garden is a Dutch webshop run by a woman named Serena Verbon and her mother Rita.
I think Rita makes the soaps and Serena makes everything else.

Sweetie Pie Whipped Body Butter



Ingredients: Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Babassu Seed Oil (Orbignya oleifera), Ricinu Oil (Ricinus communis), Teunisbloem Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera), honey (mel), silk protein, vitamin E, perfume oil

The website describes their Whipped Body Butter as pure luxury for every skintype.
Its made of whipped shea butter combined with six luxury skin-nurturing oils.
It also includes silk protein which makes the Body butter easier to apply, honey for softening the skin (it also has anti-bacterial properties) and vitamin E to protect and repair your skin (vitamin E is an anti-oxidant).

Sweetie Pie Whipped Body Butter has, according to the website, the structure of whipped cream.
I think it has more of a mousse (you know, the dessert) structure.
You're supposed to only need a little of it because it spreads out easily and is very hydrating.
However, it's even more hydrating if you use more than just a little bit.

I bought a 30g jar which held only 15g and costs 3,50 euro.
That's alot for a little bit of Body Butter.

It's a very hydrating Body Butter, but since I used more than just a little bit, the little jar is empty in no time (say 2 to 3 uses max) and that's just way to expensive for me.

I probably would buy it again if they sell it in bigger jars though, because then it's less expensive.

The Sweetie Pie scent is just yummie!
It's supposed to be almost sickly sweet, but it's not extremely sweet to me.
What I smell is a lot of musk and vanilla with sandelwood, a bit of cotton candy and berries.
You don't really smell the cotton candy, the berries or the sandelwood.
I smell mostly the musky-vanilla goodness, and the other scents are very well blended in that so you can't really identify the individual notes.
It's an amazing smell which I can't get enough of it.
I think it smells very feminine and sexy, and grown-up but also playfull.
I love this scent and would really like a lot of products in this scent (I prefer a Shower Gel or Soap, big pots of the Whipped Body Butter and a perfume!!!)
Sadly there are not products with the Sweetie Pie smell in The Secret Garden webshop at the moment.

Verdict: Really yummy smelling, very hydrating body butter, just too bad it's so expensive.
My skin really soaks up this stuff so I won't get far using only a little!



No comments:

Post a Comment