Friday, April 9, 2010

Review: Villainess: Smashing Smooch!

The Smashing Smooch! is a product from the Black Label, which means it's a limited edition!



Ingredients: I will update these later!

When I put this on my skin, it doesn't have the warming effect that Ginger Snapped Smooch! has.
Smashing Smooch! also has a very different structure.
Ginger Snapped was a very solid scrub, and Smashing reminds me of a crumbled cake or at least some sort of pudding/cake dessert.
It scrubs very well, just like Ginger Snapped Smooch!, and you choose if you want a soft or a course scrub, since you can go either way with this Smooch!.
After a bit of scrubbing, the sugar dissolves and you get a milky/oily lather from it.
You massage it in a bit extra and then you rinse it off.

It's best not to rub your skin dry after showering.
It's better if you pat your skin dry.
That way you won't rub all the moisturising ingredients off your skin.
After patting my skin dry, I am left with very soft and smooth skin.

The scent of Smashing Smooch! is what Villainess describes as: Creamy, sweet pumpkin pie with a full complement of spices - cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.

To me it doesn't smell a lot like pumpkin.
I don't smell the nutmeg note either.
What is do smell is a very spicy scent that's also a bit sweet.
To me it smells exactly like a Dutch treat called kruidkoek.




Kruidkoek is like a cake without the buttery smell and taste and without the greasy texture.
Kruikkoek has a texture that's quite dry and it sometimes has sticky bits in it.
It has a foody smell that's really very spicy and a tad bit sweet.
That's exactly what Smashing Smooch! smells like to me!

Since I don't own the Smashing Whipped!, I combine Smashing Smooch! with Ginger Snapped Whipped!, since it's also a spicy, foody smell, and they combine very well :D.
The Shower Gel I use with this Smooch! and Whipped! is Taai Taai Shower Gel by Lush, and the perfume that combines really well with these scents is Egyptian Spice Perfume Oil by MMU.


Villainess also made a Soap and Tarts! (wax melts) in the Smashing scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment