Sunday, April 25, 2010

Twilight (The Movie)


About 6 months ago I decided to find out what the Twilight hype was about.
Everywere I read and heard about Twilight and the actors that played in it.
So I went to a local video rental and rented the DVD of Twilight.
Excited of what I was going to experience (I thought it must be good since it was such a big hype), I put the DVD in the DVD-player and pushed the PLAY button on the remote.

The movie started all mysterious with a deer being hunted and a girl saying: "I've never given much thought to how I would die, but dieing in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go."

I thought that was wisdom and I wondered what the movie was going to be about, where the story would lead me.

As it turnes out, the story is about a girl named Bella, Bella Swan.
She used to live with her mom, but she's going to live with her dad for a while, in a place called Forks.

Life in Forks is completely different from her life in Arizona, where she used to live with her mother, and she finds it difficult to fit in.

She hangs out with some guys and girls and they like her.
However she still feels like she's alone.

Then she meets a guy named Edward, who isn't average in any way.
Things with him are strange and soon she finds out what he really is.
After that things get really complicated but she know that she's not alone anymore.
Now she's got something to live for and she's not going to give up easily.

I'm not going to say much more about the plot or the characters, since I don't want to spoil it for everyone that hasn't seen this movie yet.

What I will say however, that it's a movie filled with emotions: insecurity, loneliness, fear and love, amongst others.
There's humour in it, drama and action, all crammed in one movie.

It's one of my favourites and I think I've seen it at least five times now, sadly never in the cinema.

A few of the most important characters in the movie:

Bella Swan (Played by Kristen Steward):


Edward Cullen (Played by Robert Pattinson):


Jacob (I don't recall his last name, played by Tailor Lautner):


Bella & Edward:




The Cullens:


The cast:


And the trailer:


It took me a while to find a good trailer, but I finally found one that's acceptable (you just need to stop the trailer at 2:25).
So enjoy!

So what do you think of this movie?
Have you already seen it?
Or do you still have to?
(If so, go see it, it's really worth it!)

The movie is not the same as the book.
The book is much better, and in the movie events are different.
If you want to have the best viewing experience, you have to read the book "Twilight" by author Stephenie Meyer first!

No comments:

Post a Comment